Went to Nong Khai to get my 12 month Visa Renewal. Things required are:

Proof of income letter from the embassy showing an income of at least 65,000 bahts a month ( or 800,000 in a Thai bank account which must have come from outside Thailand – Therfore you will need a letter from your Bank to testify to this  )
Form TM7 filled in ( These are available at the immigration office – they don’ t like downloaded forms
passport sized photograph
photo copies of passport showing visa stamps
proof of where you are living ( i.e partners house papers and ID card)
(Sometimes proof of a thai bank account )
1,900 baht fee

And of course you must be over 50 years old.

With the above documentation obtaining the visa is straight forward . Its surprising how many arrive  without all the necessary paperwork or understand the requirements and get turned away.

I also inquired about a Thai driving license. They gave me a form which I now have to take to the driving license centre in Nong mek ( 30 k away) . You need this letter from immigration to start the ball rolling – you cant go direct to the driving licenses center – if you do you will be turned away.

Comments are closed.